It is always best to reach customers wherever they are. But reaching them where they are, and at the right time, is even better.
Add personalisation into the mix, and you’ll soon discover that there is nothing more effective for building great relationships with customers. This is the great benefit of using email automation.
The use of automated emails is an excellent way to give potential customers a tailored experience based on their behaviour. There is no need for you to send out individual emails, which saves you time to do other tasks.
Email automation is a method to create emails that are aimed to reach the right people, with the right message, and at the right time. The benefit is you do not have to do the work every time. This is done with the help of a marketing automation tool.
Automation is useful for a variety of marketing purposes. Email automation makes email marketing more effective, efficient, personalised, and relevant, whether it is a triggered workflow that helps in nurturing new leads.
Birthday greetings that add an individualized touch, or even automated blog updates. Automated emails take the legwork out of staying in touch with your audience. With the use of email automation tools, you are ensured not to miss another opportunity to generate leads, sales, and revenue.
How does email automation work?
Email automation is made easy with the use of email marketing apps. The idea is quite simple: create a campaign and set up a trigger. Once the predefined trigger event occurs, it will activate an automated sending.
Setting up an email automation flow includes the following steps:
- Install an email marketing tool – There is various email automation software that is easy to use, such as Mailchimp.
- Build and segment an email list – An email list can be built organically with signup forms. Once you have a substantial list of emails, you may have to segment your list into various groups. Segmenting your email list based on certain audience characteristics helps in increasing relevance. Email segmentation avoids mediocrity and makes your marketing efforts more focused and personalised. It also helps you define your target audience and aids in tailoring your message to resonate specifically with them.
- Create your email campaigns – Design your emails by creating images and texts, including call-to-action buttons, brand logos, discount offers, etc.
- Set up an automation trigger – A trigger is a specific event or condition that will execute the automated email campaign.
- Activate the Automation – Choose the time to send out your campaign and turn the trigger on. Afterwards, monitor how well it performs for you to find out opportunities to improve your campaign/s.
The benefits of email automation.
The use of automation for email campaigns is one of the most efficient and cost-effective methods of communicating with followers and prospective customers. This becomes more apparent for those who develops a genuine interest in following updates about your business or brand.
The use of email marketing automation helps you in gaining valuable insight into the wants, needs, and behaviour of your target audience. It also helps you in gaining a better understanding of your target or preferred demographics, solving their problems and retaining their business or traffic.
Automated emails are an answered prayer to time-strapped business owners and marketers, for they can:
Helps in saving time.
It’s a no-brainer that sending out automated emails to many subscribers at once saves time. There would be no need to do the same task every time for each individual subscriber. The best part is you would still be able to personalise your campaign content.
Build great relationships and increase customer retention.
Businesses have data about their subscribers in their CRMs, this makes it easier to design automated emails super relevant. Personalised automated images get more click-throughs than generic promotional messages.
Email automation is a great way to enhance your bond with your subscribers who lately haven’t opened their emails or haven’t bought from you in a while. This can be done efficiently with automated win-back-email campaigns that are designed to entice passive recipients to re-engage with you.
A lot of emails come in the form of payment reminders and/or deadline warnings. However, you can also create emails that create a better user experience suck as: an onboarding series, incentives, and reminders.
Find what fits well with your service or product and program your automation to respond accordingly. In doing so, it builds better relationships, attract new subscribers, delight existing ones, get more click-through traffic and acquire higher conversion rates.
Customers with a positive experience with your brand enhances loyalty and can also generate return business and/or additional purchases.
To wrap up.
Email automation is a useful method to make the process of sending messages a lot easier, and also to create the best emails. Consider the takeaways below to keep in mind when considering implementing email automation.
- Your email program becomes more efficient.
- It helps in positively promoting an improved user experience.
- It can help in the retention of ambivalent and uninterested users.
You can easily begin to tailor your emails and send them out to relevant people once you decide to embrace email automation tools.
Not sure where to begin or just want to improve your email conversions? We at The Growth Manager can lend you a hand with our tried and tested Email Marketing Strategy.
Our powerful guide can help you in creating a branded strategy that is in line with your goals and also efficiently target your customers as well.